Our IP Law team is keen to assist those who are inventors and wish to obtain protection of their ideas. Based next to Terminal 5 our Heathrow legal team can provide you with assistance on Patenting your invention. This maybe a new term for you but it is important from the outset that you know the legal requirements in patenting your invention.
What is a Patent
A patent is a legal right granted by the UK Intellectual Property office for a new invention. It gives the owner of the patent (patentee legal right) to take legal action against others who use his invention.
During your initial legal consultation with our Heathrow patent law team we will advise you on what you can obtain a Patent on and what you cannot obtain a patent for.
A patent may be granted only for an invention in respect of which the following conditions are satisfied.
- The invention is new
- It involves inventive step
- It is capable of industrial application
Non Patentable ideas include
- A discovery, scientific theory or mathematical method
- A literary, dramatic, musical or artistic work or any other aesthetic creation whatsoever.
- A scheme, rule of method for performing a mental act, playing a game or doing a business or a programme by a computer.
- The presentation of information.
A patent is not granted for an invention in the commercial exploitation of which would be contrary to public policy or morality.
Our Heathow Patent Law team can offer you an initial consultation on all areas of Patent Law including Patent infringement which we share in our next section.
Call us on 0208 575 0061