At Heathrow Legal we deal with a wide range of financial dispute claims . Heathrow Legal Centre offers expert advice on the following orders below relating to Financial Disputes

When Orders are Available

The court can make the orders on the granting of decree nisi of divorce or anility or on the grant of a legal separation.

Orders can only take effect on the pronouncement of decree absolute in divorce and anility.

We will make the orders for the decree nisi.

In theory a spouse could make an application for financial orders and allow it to become dormant for a number of years before reviving it.

This is not likely to prove successful for a number of reasons;

– if the applicant’s claim for a financial remedy is not made in the divorce petition or answer.

We are going to make a application to the court before an application can be made.

Any lengthy delay between petition/answer and application will militate against the court granting leave;

-if an application is made a substantial period after a divorce has been granted.

The court can take this into account when considering all the circumstances of the case under s25 MCA 1973.

Civil Partners

Under s72 (1) Civil Partnership Act 2004 (CPA 2004), SCH 5 of the CPA 2004 makes. All orders available to spouses are available to civil partners, with the exception of a pension attachment order.

As with any proceedings for financial orders, orders will not take effect until the nullity or dissolution order has been made final or the separation order granted.

Lump Sum Orders

A lump sum order requires one party to pay a sum of money to another party (or a child of the family.

Our Paralegals will give you instructions on payment for the Lump sum.


Property Adjustment Orders

A property adjustment order is one which gives the court a great deal of scope to re-order the assets of the parties.